Forum Activity
Posted November 2nd 2011, 5:01pm
Dion said:
And as you probably know, I'm a member on your board.
Yes I know, but not an active one.

LGForum is a member too, but once again, not an active one...
φ
Likes Given: 27
Forum Activity
Posted November 3rd 2011, 10:39am
David B said:
Dion said:
And as you probably know, I'm a member on your board.
Yes I know, but not an active one.

LGForum is a member too, but once again, not an active one...

Its hard to be active on an inactive board.
φ
Likes Given: 15
Forum Activity
Posted November 3rd 2011, 1:51pm
Yes, but it is the active users who turn an inactive board into an active board, therefore, making it active.
φ
Likes Given: 27
Forum Activity
Posted November 4th 2011, 10:20pm
True, but you as administrator have to provide a reason or incentive for users to become active. That is what I see as your biggest challenge for your board.

Of course, you can go too far in that direction. This board has a HUGE number of guests but few active members, most likely due to people coming here to get freebie scripts in the Javascript 101 forum, and not bothering to register to see what else may be here. I have noticed an uptick in registrations, though, since I stopped adding scripts to the Javascript 101 forum and instead added them to members-only forums.

FYI, I was really surprised that you made no mention on your board of the passing of Dennis Ritchie a couple weeks ago...
φ
Likes Given: 26
Forum Activity
Posted November 5th 2011, 1:19am
David B said:
Yes, but it is the active users who turn an inactive board into an active board, therefore, making it active.

Simple explanation is that you have initiated a forum where even Administration isn't that good at coding...
You shoul have a Moderator who be a genuine coder, writes great scripts to lure online forumers
φ
Forum Activity
Posted November 13th 2011, 7:38am
Some of what you say here may be true for the majority of guests.

However, I was a guest and decided to become a member because I thought it would be really neat. So I did try a couple of scripts that were here, although it seems the minute I tried them, complimented you and other authors for their work, my posts were removed and the scripts I tried and had questions about are now gone.

I can't quite figure out what it is that I did that caused that kind of response, but let me tell you, from this end it was a very cold reception.
φ
Forum Activity
Posted November 13th 2011, 12:31pm
Flora, I moved a number of javascript-related topics to the "General Javascript Questions" forum. That forum requires a minimum of 5 posts in order to access.

I'm sorry you felt that your posts were removed!
φ
Likes Given: 26
Forum Activity
Posted November 13th 2011, 6:11pm
Dion, Thank you for letting me know. I hadn't thought of a minimum requirement because I was able to view as a guest & then they were gone. Sorry for assuming.
φ
Forum Activity
Posted November 14th 2011, 1:49pm
On the topic of Forum Activity, you have to understand each member is different. There are some that come to just look around, and others who like to post and make friends. Even if you have a very popular forum, some members might still not be very active. Being active on a forum is a personal choice.
φ
Likes Given: 51