Wibya or Custom built Floating bar
Posted October 30th 2011, 5:38pm
Every one knows about Wibya toolbar & provided that it IS loved worldwide (see votes); it increases loading time.

Given that I WILL have a bar, would wibya slow be more THAN building custom bar like:

http://addyosmani.com/blog/jquery-fubar-how-to-create-a-website-toolbar-from-scratch-and-add-widgets-to-it/
φ
Posted October 30th 2011, 5:43pm
Your better buliding your own with position:fixed. Because all the HTML, CSS and any script you use will be there on your site rather than external.
φ
Likes Given: 15
Posted October 30th 2011, 10:18pm
that I figured, problem is the additional (external) plugins that I WILL involve in the bar, say a facebook plugin, rss & share plugin...necessary THREE
φ
Posted October 31st 2011, 9:48am
Own or none, as the actual JS from many "toolbars" mess up functionalities of your board
φ
Likes Given: 20
Posted November 1st 2011, 10:57am
Well i think wibya is faster atleast theri CDN servers are good than forumotion servers ;)
φ
Posted November 28th 2011, 9:27am
I've tested Wibia and took it off. If you don't have a lot of active members posting, it runs ok. But, if your board is active, the slower it will be.
φ
Posted November 29th 2011, 2:28pm
SPAMMING NOT INTENDED!: I installed it on my forum about a month ago, and everything seems to be fine!
φ
Likes Given: 27