Hovering Navigation Bar
Posted February 11th 2012, 1:37pm
This is the first time ever that I have written a code all on my own! YAY!

Being that this is my first code, there is nothing really impressive about it. All it does is make the buttons in your navigation bar "jump" whenever you hover your mouse over it. If you would like to see an example, take a look at the navigation bar on this forum. If you are planning on using this on your forum, I would like you to please post the URL of your forum in this thread, as I would like to keep track of all of the places where this is installed.

While I anticipate that this code will work on all forums, I have only tested this code on Phpbb3. If this code does not work on your forum, please post your forum type with a description of the bugs, and I will make an effort to resolve the problem. DO NOT ASK FOR ME TO DESIGN A PHPBB2 VERSION, AS I WILL NOT DO SO!

Okay, now let's get started with the installation process!

1. Go to Administration Panel → Display → Pictures and Colors → Colors → CSS Stylesheet.
  2. Copy the following code into your CSS:
    /* Hovering Navigation for ForuMotion  boards. Copyright © by Programming Language Community Forums (www.programminglanguageforums.com).  All Rights Reserved. Use, modification,  and/or distribution of this  script is allowed, provided that this entire copyright notice remain unaltered in the used, original, copied, and/or modified code. */
    /* This code is available to the general public at www.programminglanguageforums.com and select ForuMotion-hosted forums. */
    *ul.linklist li a img {}

ul.linklist li a img:hover {
    position: relative;
    top: -1px;
    cursor:allowed;
    }
  3. Installation complete!

Enjoy my first self-written code! I look forward to releasing more self-written codes in the near future!

[right]~ David B[/right]
φ
Likes Given: 27
Hovering Navigation Bar
Posted February 11th 2012, 6:21pm
@David B:
Hi :D
Congrats works for me too (Phpbb3)
See here!

Edit!
Have edited code so buttons (large) move more noticeably.
Hope you don't mind.
φ
Likes Given: 17
Hovering Navigation Bar
Posted February 11th 2012, 9:03pm
zebadee_19 said:
@David B:
Hi :D
Congrats works for me too (Phpbb3)
See here!

Edit!
Have edited code so buttons (large) move more noticeably.
Hope you don't mind.
Thanks for using it! No, I do not mind if you edit the code so the buttons will move more. I quote from my copyright message...

Hovering Navigation for ForuMotion boards. Copyright © by Programming Language Community Forums (www.programminglanguageforums.com). All Rights Reserved. Use, modification, and/or distribution of this script is allowed, provided that this entire copyright notice remain unaltered in the used, original, copied, and/or modified code.
φ
Hovering Navigation Bar
Posted February 15th 2012, 1:10am
Why to add copyrights to a hover CSS code, it's not something newly invented :/
φ
Likes Given: 6
Hovering Navigation Bar
Posted February 15th 2012, 6:49pm
Nera said:
Why to add copyrights to a hover CSS code, it's not something newly invented :/
I want to set an example for when I actually write something worth copyrighting by copyrighting something that, if used by someone else without the copyright remaining in place, will go unnoticed, and so, I Liked your post because this is not something worth copyrighting, but I wish to do so nonetheless for the reasons explained above.
φ