User log in problems
Posted October 24th 2012, 10:22am
RE: transferred from forumotion to phpBB 3.0

I emailed each of our 180 members a generic password to access the new site. Several were able to log in with no problems-- all moderators and some others. I was able to fix a couple of others relatively quickly.

However, a couple of members report that when they go to log in, the system says they do no exist and so they have registered as a new member.

These members are already part of the Registered Users group. Although I had set the permissions to apply to everyone in the group, apparently I have to go in and manually change each member's role from "no role specified" to "standard features". Does this sound correct to you?

This seems like the Redundancy Department of Redundancy to me.

What am I not understanding?
φ
User log in problems
Posted October 24th 2012, 10:33am
I just got told by the system that a moderator did not exist.
φ
User log in problems
Posted October 24th 2012, 11:02am
Since I know your board was exported from forumotion, the process would have placed all non-admin members into the Registered Users group, forum permissions would have been set to their defaults, and group permissions would not have been affected.

I think one of your problems is being caused by your forcing members with less than a certain number of posts into the Newly Registered Users group. You'll need to set the proper permissions for that group.

However, none of this would cause members to not be able to log in -- that sounds like a completely different problem. Perhaps you should select a member who has yet to log in to your new board, and try logging in yourself to see what happens.
φ
Likes Given: 26