New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 21st 2012, 3:57am
I have installed a mobile theme on this board which can be used with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry devices. It is a version of the mobile theme I have been selling for the past three months, modified to work with the advanced features of this board. It is BY FAR the lightest mobile theme available for phpBB3 -- not only is its HTML and CSS minified, it uses image resources on only two pages, and no external javascript is used.

If you use one of the above devices, the mobile theme will be automatically selected. If at any time you wish to revert to the default theme, there is a "Full Version" link at the bottom of every page. Once in the default theme, you will find a "Back to Mobile" link in the User Controls dropdown menu.

There are minimal user instructions built into the theme, so here are some additional instructions for using the theme.

If text is in a bluish color, it is a link.

If text is enclosed in a gray or blue gradient background, it is a clickable button.

Additional information will be displayed when clicking the reply count at the bottom right in the display of a topic.

Post authors who are online will have their names highlighted in a blue gradient.

This mobile theme is available for purchase. Members can send me a private message if they are interested, and guests are welcome to use the Contact Us link at the bottom right of any page.

Since the mobile theme was modified to work on this board, I would appreciate all reports of bugs/problems with the theme. Note: due to the anti-spambot measures being used here, mobile users will see the default theme on the registration pages. Also, if you have any suggestions for improvement, by all means let me know! Please add a reply in this topic in either case.
φ
Likes Given: 26
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 21st 2012, 7:50pm
Footer isn't fixed at the bottom on my iPhone 4 iOS 5.1.1 with Safari. It's floating over the page.
φ
Likes Given: 14
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 21st 2012, 10:52pm
That was fixed in a CSS update I did earlier today. Please clear your cache and let me know if the problem goes
away.
φ
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 22nd 2012, 5:57am
it's fixed now :D
φ
Likes Given: 14
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 22nd 2012, 4:30pm
FYI, I have that same issue viewing the homepage and index on Chrome. On the homepage it's way up near the top, just below the options and index it's not so bad it's about 30px from the bottom.

Mobile site looks really nice though.
φ
Likes Given: 15
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 22nd 2012, 4:45pm
Are you talking about the mobile or default theme? I ask because the homepage and blog pages are coded to display with the default theme on all desktop/notebook/mobile systems.

In any case, please clear your cache and let me know if you still have the problem.
φ
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 22nd 2012, 6:38pm
Your board is amazing regardless of what version. Yeah, all is fixed with the mobile theme for now, I like it!
φ
Likes Given: 20
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 24th 2012, 2:52pm
Dion said:
Are you talking about the mobile or default theme? I ask because the homepage and blog pages are coded to display with the default theme on all desktop/notebook/mobile systems.

In any case, please clear your cache and let me know if you still have the problem.

Sorry for the late reply. I mean normal theme on desktop Chrome on Ubuntu.

Here's a screenshot:

Seems to be because #page-body has no actual height. Everything within it is either hidden or position:absolute.
φ
New Mobile Theme!
Posted November 24th 2012, 3:35pm
That issue was fixed in the CSS at the same time the "floating footer" was fixed in the mobile theme. My guess is that you haven't cleared your browser cache.

I just turned off the cache for CSS in both themes. Please refresh any page, and your issue should disappear.

I will leave the CSS cache disabled for a few days to insure all users are being served the most recent CSS.
φ
Bugs with Full Version
Posted November 26th 2012, 4:16am
I clear my cache extremely often so didn't really suspect it, but it is fine now :P

On the homepage, on the default theme on a phone, when clicking the 'Recent Topics' button the Ajax request returns the mobile site HTML, consequently inserting that where the recent topics should be and looks a bit crazy, meaning the page must be refreshed instead.

Also (on phone again) when clicking the logo to return to the index, I'm always given the mobile site and have to click full version again.

I think the mobile version is great, I just tend to use the full version of pretty much every site. I think phones are catering more and more towards serving the Internet how it is (while more site cater to mobiles) and the iPhone does a good job of that.
φ
Bug Reports for this Board
Posted November 26th 2012, 1:36pm
Thanks for the reports about the issues with using the "Full Version" while using a mobile device. I have already verified one of the bugs, and I suspect the other is a bug as well. Both should be fixed today.

EDIT: The bugs (which are unique to the DionBB3™ theme) have been fixed.
φ
Post a reply
11 posts