How to create a popup Ajax Chat
Posted February 24th 2013, 4:18am
Well need it for hosted phpbb3 forums, like there is many pop-up chats on forumotion
φ
Posted February 24th 2013, 10:09pm
There's a pop-up chatbox on forumotion? Since when? The only one I'm aware of was heavily-inspired (I'm being kind, another term is more appropriate) by the chatbox code on my old Dion Designs board, and it requires access to an external server.

Anyway, if you want a pop-up chatbox, there's mCHAT. If you want something that has decent performance and actually works with little setup and no conflicts, there's AJAX Chat. I have a strong preference for the latter solution. Why? See here: viewtopic.php?t=8842
φ
Likes Given: 26
Posted February 25th 2013, 1:09pm
Spam post deleted.

If you want to shill, do it somewhere else.
φ
Posted February 25th 2013, 7:14pm
I saw the post. Nothing to do with me though.
φ
Likes Given: 15
Posted March 4th 2013, 7:27pm
If you are talking about a regular phpBB board, I would re-recommend that which LGforum recommended to me: AJAX Chat. AJAX Chat offers a phpBB3 version which relies on your phpBB forum's database for user information. AJAX Chat is stand-alone, and not a MOD for phpBB3, but you can easily add it to your phpBB forum by adding an I-Frame somewhere on your forum that will load the chat. LGforum was generous enough to make a hovering button for me that, when clicked, toggles the chat in and out of view. If you are interested, I will post it, but I am not in the mood to go looking through my phpBB template files after doing homework for three hours.
φ
Likes Given: 27
Posted March 4th 2013, 9:50pm
If you go the the ajax chat main download page, get the one for phpbb3.

There are some documents on how to integrate to the board on that site, but i personally never used those ones.

I have however used another one from a while back adds the AJAX chat into phpbb much like mchat.

I'll post the mod authors profile form phpbb.com I hope that is ok
you can follow his website link and you'll find some snippets for ajax chat. https://www.phpbb.com/community/memberl ... e&u=148403

It used to be posted on old SourceFordge fourm spot.
It's an old snippet but it may still work for 3.0.11... right off the bat I can't see why it wouldn't.
anyway, hope it helps someone who is looking for an mchat alternative
φ
Likes Given: 7
Posted March 5th 2013, 2:05am
LGforum said:
I saw the post. Nothing to do with me though.

I was talking about the original poster, whose account was deactivated. It and the "shadowic" account are the only two deactivated accounts on this board. Considering they're the same person, I guess one could say he's consistent. :P

David B said:
If you are talking about a regular phpBB board, I would re-recommend that which LGforum recommended to me: AJAX Chat.

Here's what I said in Post #2:
If you want something that has decent performance and actually works with little setup and no conflicts, there's AJAX Chat. I have a strong preference for the latter solution. Why? See here: viewtopic.php?t=8842

:roll:

Pete said:
I have however used another one from a while back adds the AJAX chat into phpbb much like mchat.

I like those modifications to AJAX chat! The site is old (does he have the AJAX-Chat mods on his 4seven.de board?), but it does have some interesting things on it...
φ