Board Status
Posted June 12th 2012, 12:44am
Users are now able to write anything they want in the cite area of a quote by placing two vertical bars || in front of the cite. For example, the following quote:

[quote="||Important Information!"]This is how to create a custom cite.[/quote]

will result in:

Important Information!
This is how to create a custom cite.

In addition, uploaded avatars will now be automatically resized to the board 100x100 maximum if they have a width or height greater than 100px. I have increased the maximum avatar file size to 64K to allow larger files to be uploaded for avatars.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Board Status
Posted June 14th 2012, 10:39pm
Important Note!

This board should now be accessed using the following URL: index.php

While the Dion Designs Discussion Board can still be accessed from its old URL, cookies will not work properly, and you will not be able to remain logged in. Therefore, all members should update their bookmarks accordingly. Thank you.
φ
Board Status
Posted June 25th 2012, 2:53pm
June 25, 2012:

I apologize to all members for my recent absence. The project which has been consuming most of my time for the past month will end tomorrow, so expect to see me being much more active starting Wednesday.

I recently helped two forumotion board owners move their (fairly large) sites to new homes, and I will be providing the tools I used so that others will be able to move their forumotion boards to new homes.

I also plan to add several new hacks/MODs for phpBB3.
φ
Board Status
Posted July 13th 2012, 11:03pm
July 14, 2012:

In the very near future, ALL of the forumotion-related topics from my old diondesigns.org board on forumotion will be made visible to ALL visitors to this site. Watch this space for additional information.

φ
Board Status
Posted July 20th 2012, 12:32am
July 20, 2012:

You may have noticed the large empty blocks on a few pages. Those blocks will contain Google ads, but most of the ads will be disabled for members.

When the ads are activated by Google, I will enable guest access to the currently-hidden forumotion-related forums. Members will also see ads in the forumotion-related forums...sorry, but that's the way it will be.

The Google ads have been activated, and I have an announcement to make.

Effective immediately, I will no longer provide support for any forumotion-related topic. If you wish to report a bug with any forumotion-specific code I have written, please do so, and I will do my best to fix it. Otherwise, unless your question has application outside forumotion, I will ignore your question and allow others to answer it. In addition, anyone sending me a Private Message with a forumotion-related question will lose their ability to send private messages. I am sorry to do these things, but I refuse to support a company (eToxic) that condones stealing in order to make their service (forumotion) look better, and hence boost profit margins.

φ
Board Status
Posted November 2nd 2012, 10:29pm
November 2, 2012:

The Like system has been temporarily disabled on this board. It will return in a few days with a new look, some additional features, and will be much faster and more responsive.

After the new Like system is installed, the member-only status will be removed from several phpBB3 topics, most importantly the AJAX lightbox, the friend request system, ViewDD, the replacement ACP CSS, and the bot redirection.

Over the next month, some of the features of this board will be made available to members, including the new Like system and the Inline Preview in the "full" editor.
φ
Board Status
Posted November 5th 2012, 3:24am
November 5, 2012:

The new Like system has been installed. It is a significant improvement over the previous system -- it has a better user interface as well as being faster and using fewer resources. In fact, it makes ZERO additional database queries!

You will now see a Facebook-style like icon as opposed to a text-based button. If a member has not previously liked that post, they can click the icon to like the post. Once liked, the icon will no longer be clickable.

If a post has been liked, you will see a number to the right of the icon. Clicking that number will display a list of all members who have liked that post.

In addition, the number of (nonzero) likes given and received will be displayed in the post profiles and public profiles of members.
φ
Board Status
Posted November 21st 2012, 3:33am
November 21, 2012:

I have installed a mobile theme on this board which can be used with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry devices. It is a version of the mobile theme I have been selling for the past three months, modified to work with the advanced features of this board. It is BY FAR the lightest mobile theme available for phpBB3 -- not only is its HTML and CSS minified, it uses image resources on only two pages, and no external javascript is used.

If you use one of the above devices, the mobile theme will be automatically selected. If at any time you wish to revert to the default theme, there is a "Full Version" link at the bottom of every page. Once in the default theme, you will find a "Back to Mobile" link in the User Controls dropdown menu.

The modifications for this board were fairly extensive, so if anyone notices a bug (or what they believe to be a bug) in the mobile theme, please let me know in the mobile theme topic I will be creating shortly.
φ
Board Status
Posted June 18th 2013, 6:24pm
June 18th, 2013:

Apparently two of the tables in the board database became corrupted and were marked as crashed. I do not know how long the board was not working, though it could not have been for more than 12 hours. In any case, the corrupted tables have been restored and the board is functioning normally again. I apologize for any inconvenience.
φ
Board Status
Posted June 23rd 2013, 8:43pm
June 23, 2013:

The process of changing the theme here has begun!

The homepage will be the first to be converted. The two main pages are now online, and the remaining two should be online in the next few days. (I added a temporary block of text at the bottom of the "about" page until then.)

The new homepage is fully responsive and supports screen widths of at least 320 pixels. If you want to get a sneak peek at what the new theme for this board will look like, check out the new homepage: http://www.dion-designs.com/

This board, and BlogDD™, will be converted to the new theme in the next week or so.
φ
Board Status
Posted July 15th 2013, 10:39am
July 15, 2013:

The theme change has been delayed due to other projects which have taken up much of my time. However, the working example of BlogDD™ has been converted to the theme: blog/index.php

I hope to have the board converted to the new theme by the end of the week.
φ
Board Status
Posted July 22nd 2013, 12:14am
July 22nd, 2013:

The dion-designs.com site will be moving to new hosting in the very near future. I will not tolerate an 18-hour server crash with no explanation nor apology.

Once I have the new hosting set up, I will make a post in this topic to let people know when I will point the nameservers to the new hosting.
φ
Board Status
Posted July 26th 2013, 12:38pm
July 25th, 2013:

The dion-designs.com site will be offline at roughly 11PM EDT to move to new hosting. The length of time it is offline will depend on how long it takes for the DNS changes to propogate to your ISP's DNS servers. For most people that should be 12-24 hours.
φ
Board Status
Posted July 26th 2013, 9:13pm
July 26th, 2013:

The dion-designs.com site is now running on the new hosting.

Hopefully within the next 12-24 hours, everyone will be able to access this site.
φ
Board Status
Posted July 29th 2013, 9:19pm
July 29th, 2013:

The new theme for the Dion Designs Discussion Board has been installed and activated. Any questions or comments about the new theme should be posted here.
φ
Board Status
Posted August 2nd 2013, 10:15pm
August 2nd, 2013:

After looking at the FM support board for the first time in many months, I have decided to re-enable the old forumotion forums here. They are what created this board, and they add some historical context to many of the topics being discussed in the forumotion world.

Since I no longer offer support for forumotion-specific questions, the forums will remain locked.
φ
Board Status
Posted November 25th 2013, 10:39pm
November 25th, 2013:

Perhaps you have noticed that there have been some server issues on this site in the past month or so. I am planning to permanently fix those issues in the next few days.

While I am working on the server, there may be brief times when this site may not load properly or not load at all. I apologize for this inconvenience, but the results will be worth it.

I will post a reply here when the work is complete.
φ
Board Status
Posted November 27th 2013, 7:20pm
November 27th, 2013:

The server work is complete. The board should be much faster as well as more stable.

I apologize to those who lost access to this site while the nameservers propogated. Due to a configuration issue, I was not able to keep the old board live during the propogation.
φ
Board Status
Posted December 22nd 2013, 7:17pm
December 22nd, 2013:

I have created a new forum for those people who have supported the Dion Designs Discussion Board through their participation. I also posted the first of many special features (the like/dislike system used on this board) which will be available only to those who have access to the forum.

In the next few days I will be adding other code snippets and modifications in the forums available to all.
φ