Coppermine gallery bridged to phpbb3
Posted January 15th 2014, 12:37pm
This sounds like a javascript error. The next time you display the posting page, can you check the error console on your browser for javascript errors on the page? If there are any listed, please post them here.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Posted January 16th 2014, 2:51am
Firebug is giving me the following:

ReferenceError: togglediv is not defined
togglediv('gallery-box')

Thanks for looking at this.
φ
Likes Given: 2
Posted January 16th 2014, 10:06am
I just checked, and the modifications in post #8 were incomplete. Open the posting_buttons.html template and find the following line:

var show_panel = 'options-panel';

Directly below it, add the following:

function togglediv(id) {
var x=document.getElementById(id);
if (x.style.display=='none') {x.style.display='block';}
else {x.style.display='none';}
}

Save the file, and then refresh the template by purging the cache on the main ACP page. The gallery insert feature should then work.
φ
Posted January 16th 2014, 12:43pm
Thanks for that. Got it working.

Going to look messy when you have a large number of pictures in your personal gallery. Be nice if you could have a drop down or tabs across the top with the album details and maybe pagination if you have a lot of images.

Photo handling is a big weakness in PHPBB3.

Do you think it is possible to include one of the displays from Coppermine on the front page of PHPBB? When you go into Coppermine, you can see random, recent, toplist, etc. Be nice to be able to put those on pages within PHPBB.
φ
Posted January 16th 2014, 1:16pm
Dinkum said:
Going to look messy when you have a large number of pictures in your personal gallery. Be nice if you could have a drop down or tabs across the top with the album details and maybe pagination if you have a lot of images.

I'm not planning to do any more Coppermine-phpBB posting integration work, so if anyone comes up with enhancements to what I wrote, it would be great if they posted them in this topic.

Dinkum said:
Photo handling is a big weakness in PHPBB3.

Do you think it is possible to include one of the displays from Coppermine on the front page of PHPBB? When you go into Coppermine, you can see random, recent, toplist, etc. Be nice to be able to put those on pages within PHPBB.

The lack of user-requested features has been a big weakness in phpBB 3.0 for many years, and it's a very obvious weakness in the current alpha version of phpBB 3.1.

You know, I've never tried including the full Coppermine code into phpBB 3.0. I'll do some experiments and get back to you. If it's possible to do so, it should be fairly easy to add Coppermine-generated feature blocks into phpBB 3.0 pages.
φ
Posted January 17th 2014, 6:46am
Thanks for your help.

I changed the code slightly in as much as the Gallery Box is now positioned between the Message Box and the submit button, so when you click on the 'Gallery' BB button, it slides open the images below the message box, rather than an overlay in the top left corner. I've also given it the same style as the rest of the board and works really well. Makes it feel more like the site. I've also include it in the quick reply.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the random, recent, etc into PHPBB. Project for this afternoon, I think.

Thanks for your help. It's a nice bit of integration.
φ