Something New...
Posted August 17th 2011, 12:32am
I decided to create a new members-only forum where people could talk about anything they wanted. I moved a couple topics here that I didn't think fit in other forums. However, I'll make the first new post in this new forum!

In the next day or so, I will be updating this board. Most of the changes are behind-the-scenes to improve page load times and SEO. But there are two new features for members that I wanted to pre-announce.

The first is actually an old feature that was on the IPBDion™ board, but I removed on this board due to it slowing down page loads too much. That feature (friend request and visitor message notifications) has been optimized to no longer affect page loading. The notifications will be where they were on IPBDion™, in the member box at the top right of every page.

The second feature? I predict that every ripper across forumotion will be looking through the code here to figure out how to add it to their boards. I was told by an eToxic tech a few months ago that the feature was impossible to add. Some people only talk about breaking boundaries. I destroy them. :D There will be a new link for members in the footer, at the far left. Click it, and have fun!
φ
Likes Given: 26
Something New...
Posted August 17th 2011, 3:41am
WOAH.. the friend notification thing... wow... hope thats in an Example some point in the future ;)
I'm gonna go have a look at ways that could be done...

Looking forward to seeing this mystery footer link :)
φ
Likes Given: 15
Something New...
Posted August 17th 2011, 3:12pm
Awesome! Looking forward towards your updates :D
(I thought your all your codes already made everyone come here 8))

Crossing my fingers that you will feature that awesome new footer that "every ripper will be looking" in an example!! ^.^
φ
Something New...
Posted August 17th 2011, 10:09pm
The board has been updated. Please let me know what you think about the friend/VM notifications and the new chatbox.

Here's some brief instructions for "Chatbox 2.0":

The link at the bottom left toggles the display of the chatbox. It also toggles your logged-in status -- you're logged in when the chatbox is displayed, and logged out when it's not displayed. Sometimes, however, the chatbox has a mind of its own and will pop up with you being logged out. If that happens, you can click on the chatbox title or the link at the bottom left to reset the chatbox and be logged in. The display is hardcoded to "display with archives", and if for some reason you need to refresh the chatbox display, just toggle the display off then back on.
φ
Something New...
Posted August 17th 2011, 11:24pm
Woah... :D Sweet update, I Know, many forumotion site would try to rip your codes..
φ
Something New...
Posted August 18th 2011, 10:05am
It's stunning! Wow, the only improvement would be Facebook style one-on-one chatting. XD

Sweet! hoping for an example soon :P
φ
Something New...
Posted August 18th 2011, 1:02pm
Really impressive Dion, but then again everything is here really.

I'm amazingly jealous of the friend request and visitor message notification system... i reckon i would even think about paying for that sort of installation...
φ
Likes Given: 15
Something New...
Posted August 19th 2011, 3:12pm
If anyone is interested in having a feature from here installed on your own board, please contact me via provate message.

I said:
I predict that every ripper across forumotion will be looking through the code here to figure out how to add it to their boards.

We have several new members today. I am not surprised. :D
φ