forumotion discussion
Posted November 6th 2011, 6:35pm
(Split from another topic)

Since eToxic has shown very little interest in supporting their English-language forumotion product (sorry Amir, I call it like I see it), ripping/hacking/whatever is commonplace and is getting worse. It is difficult to report an offending board because the (poorly-written) litigation form makes it difficult to do so, no doubt intentionally to reduce their workload. ALL forms of abuse are lumped together on a single litigation form, which makes it difficult to prioritize complaints. And when reported, it seemingly takes weeks to get something done...if something is done at all.

The forumotion brand has grown to the point where eToxic needs to pay someone fluent in English to manage their English-language forumotion.com domain. Until that happens, I have decided to take matters into my own hands and will do whatever I can to protect my work, and the work of others, that is contained on this board.
φ
Likes Given: 26
forumotion discussion
Posted November 6th 2011, 6:43pm
Dion said:
the (poorly-written) litigation form

urgh, tell me about it :roll:

I have decided to take matters into my own hands and will do whatever I can to protect my work, and the work of others, that is contained on this board.

I appreciate that. A lot. :)
I think we should encourage the honest boards with a theme of coding and scripting on forumotion to take on this idea too, the more 'Hall of Shames' we have out there, the more of a deterrent it will be.
φ
Likes Given: 15
forumotion discussion
Posted November 7th 2011, 12:26pm
Dion said:

The forumotion brand has grown to the point where eToxic needs to pay someone fluent in English to manage their English-language forumotion.com domain. Until that happens, I have decided to take matters into my own hands and will do whatever I can to protect my work, and the work of others, that is contained on this board.

Agreed! Been trying to get their attention about this for two plus years now.

I'll keep an eye out for losers who steal code and make it their own.
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 7th 2011, 2:04pm
Dion is a great leader; he has A LOT of knowledge with Computer Languages, I think Dion should develop for FM and administrate it!
φ
Likes Given: 20
forumotion discussion
Posted November 7th 2011, 4:21pm
MrMario said:
Agreed! Been trying to get their attention about this for two plus years now.

Let's hope for the best. Something needs to be done, not just for the ESF, but for Hitskin, the forum creation pages, the litigation/tools forms, and for Servimg.

Ryan said:
Dion is a great leader; he has A LOT of knowledge with Computer Language, I think Dion should develop for FM and administrate it!

Thanks...but to be clear here:

MrMario is doing a great job given the situation he's in. Many (most?) of the problems on the ESF are things he inherited or are things out of his control. Yes, there are still some staff problems, but those will sort themselves out in time.

I made offers on multiple occasions to "Typlo" about working with eToxic on a formal basis, but nothing came of it.
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 15th 2011, 9:52am
dion this is etoxic site ? http://www.e-toxic.fr/
φ
Likes Given: 13
forumotion discussion
Posted November 15th 2011, 11:04am
one thing i dont understand is why they act like its their own code i mean if some1 ask u how u did it or just give it to others u should ask the owner of the coder if he allows it or at least dont remove the copyright as dion has...

also somth else do they rly feel great by stealing someone's codes?
φ
Likes Given: 3
forumotion discussion
Posted November 15th 2011, 12:29pm
well the innocent people commenting here must know that it may be not hard for etoxic to supply us with a forum with features equivalent to that of (in my case) vBulletin; but then what will happen to paid services?? I think etoxic are paid heavily by premium services to NOT to provide excellent features; this happens in defence market, I know it quiet well
φ
Likes Given: 34
forumotion discussion
Posted November 15th 2011, 1:11pm
razvan said:
dion this is etoxic site ? http://www.e-toxic.fr/

Yes, it is.
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 15th 2011, 1:24pm
ioncube said:
well the innocent people commenting here must know that it may be not hard for etoxic to supply us with a forum with features equivalent to that of (in my case) vBulletin

eToxic could, today, offer a phpBB3 board with full phpBB3 templates, but the board would have the default phpBB3 ACP. Novices would find the ACP unusable, and it would be a support nightmare!

eToxic spent a lot of time and money developing an ACP that is fairly powerful yet easy to use. The problem is that it's based on the phpBB2 ACP and the original version was written in 2005. It was great for three or four years, but today it's antiquated.

Just remember that they are a business, and the first duty of a business is to make a profit. However, another duty is to not turn the business into a "cash cow", because that will eventually kill off the business. The forumotion brand has been in "cash cow" mode for the past couple years, and it's starting to lose its market share to other free forum providers. The next few months will tell all...
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 17th 2011, 11:20am
Spanish forum is a load of crap. They dont give support if you dont follow point by point a list of nonsense rules.

They dont accept suggestions and dont innovate
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 17th 2011, 12:21pm
Suggestions should be made on the French support forum because it's the only one that is read by the "techs" at eToxic. A Google-translated suggestion there will have much more chance of being approved than a perfectly-written one on any of the other support forums.

I've been asked to limit what I say about eToxic employees such as "Celina", so I can offer no opinions about the Spanish support forum.
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 18th 2011, 8:58am
mr.axtrix said:
Spanish forum is a load of crap. They dont give support if you dont follow point by point a list of nonsense rules.

They dont accept suggestions and dont innovate
same on the romanian support, they are exceed..
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 19th 2011, 5:56pm
I hate all the spanishh forum staff, they are horrible to users. English is better and ill have to try french
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 19th 2011, 10:21pm
mr.axtrix said:
I hate all the spanishh forum staff, they are horrible to users.

That's pretty harsh. My experiences with staff members there is limited to three people, but two of the three seemed helpful, and one of the two is a member of this board. The third...I have been asked to limit what I say about eToxic employees.

I didn't know a Romanian support forum still existed! I thought it went away a few months ago...
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 20th 2011, 6:17am
dion the updates are no longer translated to romanian they remain in english , i tried to anounce the administrators a couple of times but their response is "we will anounce the tehnicians about this" .. still no efect ..
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 21st 2011, 3:47pm
Note: This topic has been moved to a members-only forum.
φ
forumotion discussion
Posted November 22nd 2011, 4:32pm
I believe that forumotion has to get organized better than it is now... I do not know if the company is facing financial problems, but it does not seem to...
φ
Likes Given: 4
Topic locked
18 posts