Copyright - Question
Posted December 29th 2011, 11:08am
i have a simple question.
if someone steal your work and use it on another forum what can you do?
φ
Likes Given: 3
Copyright - Question
Posted December 29th 2011, 12:51pm
That depends on a lot of things. The first thing you should do is ask the board owner to remove your work, and hope (s)he has a conscience. Here on forumotion, most board owners are too young to have developed a conscience, so this is seldom successful. So if your work includes the proper copyrights and is here on forumotion, you should send a litigation and include screenshots of the ripped work and your work. Also make note that your work is copyrighted, and that you will pursue legal action against the board owner AND eToxic if the ripped work is not removed.

I have done this on two occasions, and my work was removed from both boards. On one of those occasions, the board owner ignored the warning from eToxic and wound up having his board deleted.

If the board is not on forumotion, you will need to send the above information to the board's hosting company. And if money is involved, retain an attorney and have them send the Cease and Desist letter.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Copyright - Question
Posted December 29th 2011, 1:49pm
Thanks for answering Dion.

the forum who stolen my work in not on forumotion so i will try to PM the owner.
and then the company who host the forum.

but what if they have move the forum to their own server?
φ
Copyright - Question
Posted December 29th 2011, 2:34pm
If the board owner has their own server, then a Cease and Desist letter from an attorney will probably be enough.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Copyright - Question
Posted December 29th 2011, 2:40pm
alright thanks.

i will start with a simple PM to the owner and check if a company host his forum.
φ