Suggestions?
Posted June 15th 2012, 2:33pm
1. I think we need a chat, or some thing like it. It'd be so much faster as it's live, but it seems many people don't use a chat at the same time as other people so it's a bit iffy.

Think about it!
φ
Likes Given: 20
Suggestions?
Posted June 15th 2012, 3:17pm
I've been thinking about adding mChat, but we will see. I'm not convinced that a chatbox is a useful feature on this board.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Suggestions?
Posted June 16th 2012, 1:24am
Will the Javascript 101 forum remain closed for guests?
φ
Likes Given: 6
Suggestions?
Posted June 16th 2012, 2:44am
The Javascript 101 forum is temporarily closed to guests while I do some re-arranging of topics in the FM-specific forums. It should be re-opened to guests in a couple days.

Please log in to view this content.
φ
Suggestions?
Posted June 16th 2012, 2:51am
Thanks for the information.
φ
Likes Given: 6
Suggestions?
Posted June 16th 2012, 7:27am
Dion said:
I've been thinking about adding mChat, but we will see. I'm not convinced that a chatbox is a useful feature on this board.
Do not use mChat! It is terrible! I tried it on my forum, and it is just, overall, a piece of garbage. Use AJAX Chat instead. I installed it on my forum, and it is wonderful. The only problem is that you will need to add a way to get to the chatbox on your own because when you install it, the only way to get to the chat is to add /chat to the url of the forum's index page. (In this case, it would be www.forum.dion-designs.com/chat.)
φ
Likes Given: 27
Suggestions?
Posted June 17th 2012, 11:27pm
Me_ said:

After some thought, the Javascript 101 forum on this board will remain closed to guests. Sometime this summer, all FM-specific forums will be moved to an archive area that will only be accessible via invitation.

However, the old board on FM can still be accessed at this URL:

http://diondesigns.forumotion.com/

and I have allowed guests to access a subset of the Javascript 101 forum.
φ
Suggestions?
Posted June 30th 2012, 8:59am
Dion said:
Me_ said:

After some thought, the Javascript 101 forum on this board will remain closed to guests. Sometime this summer, all FM-specific forums will be moved to an archive area that will only be accessible via invitation.

However, the old board on FM can still be accessed at this URL:

http://diondesigns.forumotion.com/

and I have allowed guests to access a subset of the Javascript 101 forum.

Can I ask how we get such an invatation as I found some of those tutorials really helpful.
φ
Likes Given: 1
Suggestions?
Posted June 30th 2012, 10:18pm
You will have access to the old forumotion-specific forums once I finish some background work. That should be complete in a few days.

There are going to be several changes here, starting with an increased focus on creating and maintaining your own website, and a decreased focus on forumotion. In addition, effective immediately, I will no longer be providing any support for forumotion-specific questions unless they have an application outside forumotion.

In the meantime, if you have any forumotion-specific questions, you should visit the forums which have been taking information from this and my old FM site, and calling it their own. At least you can be assured of receiving quality information. :P

blog/index.php?u=5&c=16&t=8795

I am truly amazed that people have STILL not duplicated (or heaven forbid, improved) many of the features of TSNF or my old FM site, and they were developed 18 months ago!
φ
Suggestions?
Posted July 2nd 2012, 5:15pm
Dion said:
I am truly amazed that people have STILL not duplicated (or heaven forbid, improved) many of the features of TSNF or my old FM site, and they were developed 18 months ago!

That's b.c if anyone duplicates the features of TSNF, they're gonna hear from me! :P
φ
Likes Given: 1
Suggestions?
Posted July 2nd 2012, 5:28pm
Dion said:
The only reason that I have not even tried to duplicate some of the features of your old forum is because I do not know how to code a basic website. (About the most that I can do is a basic page with some basic CSS.)
φ
Likes Given: 27
Post a reply
11 posts