How much do you think I can sell these for?
Posted July 1st 2012, 7:22pm
Hello Dion Designs Community!

Recently, I was able to acquire two free domains that I do not even want. Okay, I know what you are doing, you are asking why I bothered to get them if I don't want them. Simple: I want to sell them so I can get some money for my forum. The two domains are.

http://www.eanimez.info
http://capitis.org

Both of them are hosted on NameCheap, and the second one comes with WhoIsGuard.

The first URL expires on Sunday, February 10, 2013 and the second expires on Wednesday, March 06, 2013.

I would like to know how much you think I can make on selling them. Right now, I only have an offer for the first domain, and the offer is $0.50, which I obviously am going to refuse. Please note that I am not selling a website, but just the domain. Both of the domains are currently set up to redirect to my forum. (Since I did not know what to do with them.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

~ David B
φ
Likes Given: 27
Posted July 2nd 2012, 3:28pm
I would think that $0.50 is close to the right price for a poorly-named .info domain name. It might be worth a dollar at most.

The second domain is worth more, but again, it's poorly-named. It might be worth a few dollars, but you would need to find the right person to buy it -- for example, someone who would use it for a CDN...
φ
Likes Given: 26
Posted July 2nd 2012, 3:54pm
Dion said:
I would think that $0.50 is close to the right price for a poorly-named .info domain name. It might be worth a dollar at most. The second domain is worth more, but again, it's poorly-named. It might be worth a few dollars, but you would need to find the right person to buy it -- for example, someone who would use it for a CDN...
Okay. Should I try to get some sort of content on the site to increase how much it is worth?

Is this the correct definition of CDN?

Thanks Dion!
φ
Posted July 2nd 2012, 5:30pm
Adding content to the site will not increase the value of the domain, it's in many ways irrelevant to any one buying a domain name... They're buying it to host they're site under.

Capitis - sounds financial, could represent capital. Could be an agency or maybe a site to help businesses finding capital. Lol. Still it's irrelevant, a hypothetical situation of why someone may be interested in the domain.
φ
Likes Given: 15
Posted July 2nd 2012, 5:45pm
The way that I see it, capitis.org has potential, but eanimez.info is simply a stupid domain name, and does not stand a prayer.

How much should I try to get rid of capitis.org for?
φ
Posted July 3rd 2012, 12:25pm
Yes, you have the correct definition of CDN. Someone who is setting up a CDN night be interested in the capitis.org domain name because domain names aren't that important for CDNs.

I'd put it on Craigslist for $10 and hope for the best.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Posted July 3rd 2012, 5:32pm
eBay might be an alternative. Dion, love the performance of your board on my phone!
φ
Likes Given: 20
Posted July 4th 2012, 7:27am
Dion said:
Yes, you have the correct definition of CDN. Someone who is setting up a CDN night be interested in the capitis.org domain name because domain names aren't that important for CDNs.

I'd put it on Craigslist for $10 and hope for the best.
Okay, I just wanted to make sure that I knew what CDN meant.

Ryan said:
eBay might be an alternative. Dion, love the performance of your board on my phone!
Well, I would probably do better on Craigslist because I don't think very many people sell websites on eBay.
φ
Posted July 4th 2012, 10:49am
It's important to know your not selling the site though, simply the address. Which surprisingly are sold on eBay, whether or not they are bought is a different matter.

You could look to see if there are domain buy/sell sites, must be.
φ
Likes Given: 15
Posted July 4th 2012, 12:21pm
LGforum said:
It's important to know your not selling the site though, simply the address. Which surprisingly are sold on eBay, whether or not they are bought is a different matter.

You could look to see if there are domain buy/sell sites, must be.
I am sure that there are. I just spoke with my friend about where he tried to sell the addresses though (because he told me that he tried, and failed), and he said that he tried Craigslist, and nobody was interested, so he tried eBay, and nobody was interested, he then tried https://flippa.com/, and nobody was interested, so he gave up, and when he asked me if I wanted them, I took them without thinking twice about it.
φ
Posted July 4th 2012, 5:26pm
The .info domain is no longer my problem. My friend asked if he could have it back, so I obliged (because when I took it from him, I was going to sell it anyway). This leaves me with the .org domain, which I still want to sell.
φ
Post a reply
11 posts