My AJAX Chat Installation Is Not Working
Posted July 12th 2012, 10:28am
Hello Dion Designs!

Just recently, I had to move my forum from my host because my host was experiencing extreme technical difficulties that have caused the host to go down. The host has been down for about one and half weeks as of this posting, however I still had access to FTP and SQL. During the exporting process from my original host, the database went corrupt, and all of the data was lost. Fortunately, I had a recent backup that I made three days before for my forum that I put into use. I did lose a few posts, but other than that, everything was fine in terms of phpBB. I lost my AJAX Chat database tables and my Coppermine Photo Gallery tables, and this will likely encourage me to find a way to automatically back up the database every day so that I have a copy of it in case I do lose something. Anyway, I moved to a new host, but that host embedded Google Analytics tracking codes into my AJAX Chat installation, so I moved again just this morning. (No loss of data this time! YAY!)

Since my old AJAX Chat installation was wiped out, I went to go reinstall, and I did so with no problem, but now it seems as though I have another problem: whenever I log in as a forum member into the chatbox, the chatbox loads, and then kicks me out. Whenever I try the same thing as a guest, I am allowed in, and not kicked out. I tried the same thing on my test account, and the same thing happens, you log in to the chat, and are kicked out.

Does anyone here know how to fix the problem? phpBB's configuration file has already been changed for the new database, and I am wondering if I may have forgotten to change something else. phpBB seems to be operating fine, however, so I don't know what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance! My forum URL is http://www.programminglanguageforums.tk.

[align=right]~ David B[/align]
φ
Likes Given: 27
Posted July 12th 2012, 10:48am
This sounds like a cookie problem. Make sure you have the cookies configured correctly in phpBB3, and if you changed the default cookie settings in AJAX Chat, re-check those settings as well.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Posted July 12th 2012, 10:52am
Dion==Really Smart!

It worked! Thanks!

[strike]Okay, I found this in the admin panel. Could the fact that the cookie domain is still set to my old forum URL have anything to do with it?

[align=center]Image[/align][/strike]
φ
Likes Given: 27