An Important Announcement to Everyone
Posted January 28th 2013, 9:59pm
As I'm sure you have noticed, I have not been spending much time here in the past few months, and this board has suffered as a result. I have been working on a project that has been taking up most of my time, and that project will continue to take up most of my time for the forseeable future.

I do not want this board to die from neglect, but I do not have the time to support it. Therefore, I have transferred my interest in a few of my side-projects, including this board, to a long-time friend. That friend, whose name is Michael and has the username Phydin, will be introducing himself in the near future. Phydin is a PHP developer (primarily WordPress themes and plugins) who has helped me with some work in the past, and he has taken a particular interest in one of my old forumotion projects called phyreφhi. Expect a new theme here in the near future, one that has a design unlike any phpBB board you've ever seen. Also expect Phydin to be much more involved than I have been.

This board will retain my Dion Designs name and logo (I kept the company name), and I plan to contribute here when I have the time to do so. Believe me, I will make good on my promises of posting some features. It may take a few weeks, but they will all get posted.

So...thanks to everyone for the past three years, and please give a warm welcome to Phydin.
φ
Likes Given: 26
Posted January 31st 2013, 12:34am
Thank you Dion for creating such a wonderful community! I hope I can continue what you started!

As Dion said, I write PHP applications. I specialize in Wordpress plugins and themes, and I am quickly learning phpBB. You will see more discussion of both. I hope!

I will announce some changes this weekend.
φ
Likes Given: 7
Posted February 10th 2013, 1:55pm
Phydin has been very sick (complications from the flu) and will not be online for another few days. I will do my best to keep things running until his return.
φ
Posted February 11th 2013, 3:37pm
Oh yuck, the flu. Hope he gets better soon (that's why I got a flu shot :P)!
φ
Likes Given: 9
Posted February 17th 2013, 7:50am
less dion?! :(
Get well soon, phydin
φ
Likes Given: 20
Posted February 17th 2013, 7:51am
Flu shots don't always work, in-fact, they can make you more prone to catch the flu. But that's a short percentage in some people's immune systems.
φ
Posted February 17th 2013, 10:32am
Seems like I'm not one of those people, but it's been years since I got the flu (: I've gotten the flu shot every year and it's been a very long time since I got sick.
φ
Posted February 17th 2013, 10:39pm
I asked Phydin, and he did get a flu shot -- and got the flu anyway. I've never gotten a flu shot and have never gotten the flu.

So there. :P

Phydin should be back in a couple days (he hopes, anyway). In the meantime, I will be around here a little more than I have recently...
φ
Posted February 18th 2013, 12:29pm
Dion said:
I asked Phydin, and he did get a flu shot -- and got the flu anyway. I've never gotten a flu shot and have never gotten the flu.

So there. :P

Phydin should be back in a couple days (he hopes, anyway). In the meantime, I will be around here a little more than I have recently...
You must be one fit individual! I always catch anything that goes around, lol.
φ
Posted May 3rd 2013, 11:47pm
Phydin asked me if I could help him here because he doesn't have the knowledge of phpBB3 that I do. My work load has decreased in the past month, and I now have some time to spend on online activities such as this board (and the phpBB support board... :) )

I have a few things I plan to upload here this weekend...one has been done already (an updated version of the friend/foe system). It feels good to be back!
φ
Posted May 7th 2013, 10:33pm
Yay welcome back!! Looking forward to the things you're planning to upload :D
φ
Post a reply
11 posts